Carrot & Cheese Filled Idli Recipe make a simple and yet healthy option of serving the idlis to kids or even pack them into their lunch boxes.
Carrot & Cheese Filled Idli
Prep in: 20 minutes
Cooks in: 30 minutes
Total in: 50 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 cups Idli Dosa Batter
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Carrots, grated
How to make
- To begin making the Carrot & Cheese Filled Idli Recipe, we will first mix together grated carrot and cheese. Keep this aside.
- Preheat the Idli Steamer with water.
- Grease idli plates with a drop of two of sesame oil for each cavity. Fill in less than half of the idli batter in the moulds.
- Spoon in the carrot cheese mixture and spread it evenly on the batter later. Finally top this layer with another round of the Idli Batter to make a sandwich idli.
- Steam the idlis in an idli steamer for about 10 minutes on high heat and turn off the heat. After 10 minutes, the idlis should be steamed completely.
- Allow the steamed idlis to rest for a few minutes and remove them from the moulds and cut them into quarters.
- Serve the Carrot & Cheese Filled Idli Recipe along with Sambar and Tomato Onion Chutney for breakfast or even a light dinner.