Priyanka Chopra has taken an exit from the Salman Khan -starrer ‘Bharat’. The reason reportedly is Nick Jonas. As per reports, PeeCee informed the same to the team earlier on Thursday which left Salman Khan bemused.
While the news of Priyanka Chopra walking out of Bharat has shocked everyone in the know, it hasn’t got the film team too worked up. In fact, they have gone back to their original choice for the movie.
Says a source, “Producers Atul and Alvira Agnihotri share a warm relationship with Katrina Kaif and when this whole mishap happened, they just called her and sorted out her dates. She will play the lead opposite Salman Khan now.” Kareena Kapoor Khan, as reported, was also in the running; but apparently, she had already given her dates to another film. “Katrina will join the team September onwards, and before that, she will finish all her other work commitments,” adds our source.
Director Ali Abbas Zafar took to social media on July 26 and confirmed that Priyanka, who was geared to make her Bollywood comeback with ‘Bharat’, is no longer a part of the film. He wrote, “Yes Priyanka Chopra is no more part of @Bharat_TheFilm & and the reason is very very special, she told us in the Nick of time about her decision and we are very happy for her … Team Bharat wishes @priyankachopra loads of love & happiness for life.”
So Kaif and Salman Khan will be playing each other’s love interests in the movie Bharat, which is a remake of Korean drama ‘Ode to my Father’.