Chennai: A 27-year-old software engineer from Chennai lost her life after she attempted to get rid of ant nest at her home by burning it. Sangeetha suffered 90% burn injuries after setting ablaze ant nest at her home.
Sangeetha, who work in an IT firm in Sholinganallur, lived with her family and was the only earning member. Her father lost his job during the coronavirus pandemic.
The incident took place when she found ants in her bedroom and decided to clean her room. On cleaning the room, she found an ant nest. She decided to burn the nest with Kerosene on her mother’s advice.
“While she tried to shake the ants off her legs, kerosene from the can spilled. She dropped the can but the fire engulfed her,” the officer said.