50 Afghan soldiers had been killed in a clash on the Chaman border crossing two days ago. The conflict took place on Friday at the Chaman border that divides the Balochistan province and Afghanistan’s southern Kandahar, as officials were carrying out a census in the area.
“We are not pleased to tell you that five Afghan check posts were completely destroyed — more than 50 of their soldiers were killed and over 100 were wounded,” Major General Nadeem Ahmed, head of the paramilitary Frontier Corps (FC), said.
“We are not happy for their losses but we were forced to reciprocate,” he said. Two Pakistani soldiers were killed and nine got wounded in the incident.
Kabul denied the claim immediately. Samim Khpalwak, an official for the governor of Kandahar province, said two troops and a civilian were lost in the attack. The border has remained closed since Friday. Commander Southern Command Lieutenant General Amir Riaz told that it would remain so “until Afghanistan changes their attitude”. He said that Pakistan Army will destroy the Afghan posts after the Afghan forces attempted to enter Pakistan.
Sharing details and background of the attack, Major General Nadeem Ahmed said the Afghan commanders are responsible for the incident.