New traffic rules are all set to be implemented from July onwards. The deadline is approaching at a faster pace.
On July 1, UAE motorists should stay on alert as the cost of traffic fines will dig deeper into their pockets.
Once the new traffic fines are implemented, overtaking on the hard shoulder will be worth Dh1,000 and six black points, blocking traffic will incur a penalty of Dh1,000 while sudden swerving will cost Dh1,000.
New cost of traffic fines:
• Driving under the influence of drugs or similar substances: Decided by the court, 23 black points and confiscation 60 days.
• Driving under the influence of alcohol: Decided by the court, 23 black points and confiscation 90 days.
• Driving a vehicle without number plates: Dh3,000, 23 black points, confiscation 90 days.
• Jumping a red light: Dh1,000, 12 black points, confiscation 30 days.
• Drivers distracted by mobile phones: Dh800, four black points.
• Carrying and transporting passengers illegally: Dh3,000, 24 black points.
• Driving dangerously: Dh2,000, confiscation 60 days.
• Driving a noisy vehicle: Dh2,000, six black points.
• Exceeding permitted level of 50 percent car window tinting: Dh1,500.
• Not renewing vehicle registration after expiry: Dh500, confiscation seven days (if it has been expired for over three months).
• Allowing children under 10 years old or shorter than 145 cm to sit in the front seat of a vehicle: Dh400, four black points.
• Failure to fasten seat belt while driving Dh400, four black points.
Speeding over limit:
• 80km/h: Dh3,000, 23 black points, confiscation 60 days.
• 60km/h: Dh2,000, 12 black points, confiscation 30 days.
Speed limit not more than:
• 60km/h: Dh1,500, six black points, confiscation 15 days.
• 50km/h: Dh1,000
• 40km/h: Dh700
• 30km/h: Dh600
• 20km/h: Dh300