This is a simple and delicious recipe to try out for breakfast.
It is another popular breakfast idea, also known as vermicelli. This is the Indian noodle breakfast popular with kids.
- Vermicelli – 180 grams
- Onion -1 finely chopped
- Ginger – 1-inch piece finely chopped
- Green chilli -1-2 finely chopped or slit
- Vegetables – finely chopped
- Beans -4
- Carrot -1
- Fresh or frozen Peas – a handful
- Potato – chopped
- Oil -3 tsp
- Water – 400 ml or 1 3/4 cup
Ingredients For Seasoning:
- Mustard -1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Hing/Asafetida – a generous pinch
- Red Chili – 2
- Curry leaves – little
Method Of Preparation:
- Roast vermicelli in a tsp of ghee until it turns light golden brown.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds. When the mustard splutters, add hing, urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves.
- When urad dal turns golden brown, add onions, green chillies, ginger, and sauté until onions become transparent.
- Then add finely chopped vegetables and sauté until half cooked.
- Add 400 ml water and salt as needed.
- When water starts boiling, add the roasted vermicelli.
- Cover and cook on low flames stirring occasionally, until it is done.
- Serve hot with any chutney or pickle.