A major Cabinet reshuffle has taken place in the Modi government. According to multiple media reports, following big changes have been made in the ministerial portfolios as a part of Cabinet rejig:-
– Piyush Goyal has got additional charge of Finance Ministry
– Goyal to handle Finance Ministry till Arun Jaitley recovers
– Smriti Irani removed from I&B Ministry
– Rajyavardhan Rathore made I&B Ministry in-charge
– Smriti Irani will now handle only Textiles Ministry
– SS Ahluwalia appointed MoS Electronics
Also, a press communique from Rashtrapati Bhavan has confirmed the following details:-
– During the period of indisposition of Arun Jaitley, Minister; the portfolios of Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs held by him, be temporarily assigned to Piyush Goyal, in addition to his existing portfolios.
– Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore be assigned the independent charge as Minister of State in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, in place of Smriti Zubin Irani, presently Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
– S.S. Ahluwalia, Minister of State be relieved of the charge of Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation and assigned the portfolio of Ministry of State in the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
– Alphons Kannanthanam, Minister of State be relieved of the charge of Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
Post Your Comments