Spicy Indian Style Masala Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish that is similar to an omelet but closer to a crust-less quiche. Try it out
Spicy Indian Style Masala Frittata
Prep in: 15 minutes
Cooks in: 30 minutes
Total in: 45 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 3 Whole Eggs, whisked
- 1 Onion, sliced thinly
- 1 Tomato, chopped finely
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum), sliced thinly
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped finely
- 2 – 3 sprig Coriander Leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 Red Chilli flakes, or paprika
- 2 tablespoon Cheese, grated (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
READ ALSO: Breakfast bread pizza- Chilli Cheese Toast
How to make
- To begin making the Spicy Indian Style Masala Frittata Recipe, prepare all your vegetables by chopping them and keeping them ready to be used.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes while you start making the frittata on the stove top.
- Then, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs together with a tablespoon of milk, until they are nice and frothy. Set aside till required.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in an oven-safe skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and saute till soft and light golden in color. Next, add the chopped garlic and green chilies and sauté for few seconds.
- Next add the capsicum, tomato and sauté till the tomatoes are just slightly wilted. Add salt, pepper, garam masala, paprika (if using) and spread the vegetable mixture evenly over the surface of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low, pour the whisked eggs evenly all over the vegetables. Allow it to cook on a low flame until the edges begin to slightly cook and get firm. At this stage, the top will still be uncooked.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and chopped coriander on top and transfer the skillet into the preheated oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes in the oven or until the frittata is cooked through, the egg is firm and the cheese has melted.
- Serve Spicy Indian Style Masala Frittata along with smoothie for a wholesome breakfast.