With pomp and fanfare, the UAE had welcomed the Chinese President Xi Jinping into the nation, and have strengthened the bilateral ties between them.
His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, and President Xi Jinping of China, have witnessed the signing of 13 agreements and memoranda of understanding, MoU, between the two countries with the aim to strengthen strategic partnerships and bilateral cooperation across various sectors.
Our discussions,together with my brother Mohammed bin Rashid, with the Chinese President have resulted in a far-reaching vision for the future of our bilateral ties through a comprehensive long-term strategic partnership leading to economic, social, cultural and scientific growth pic.twitter.com/OyHP8OT1c0
— ???? ?? ???? (@MohamedBinZayed) July 20, 2018
Mohammed bin Rashid and Mohamed bin Zayed witness the signing of memorandums of understanding and agreements in different sectors between China and the UAE. pic.twitter.com/sJPRqNHkFq
— ???? ?? ???? (@MohamedBinZayed) July 20, 2018
The Agreements include:
- Two MoUs between the UAE and China on the construction of embassies and other buildings, as well as the establishment of cultural centers. The MoUs were signed by Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, and Wang Yi State Councilor and Minister of Foreign Affairs of China.
- An MoU to advance energy cooperation between the UAE Ministry of Energy and Industry, and China’s National Energy Commission, signed by Suhail Bin Mohammad Faraj Faris Al Mazroui, Minister of Energy and Industry, and He Lifeng, Vice Chairperson of Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, CPPCC, and Chairman of National Development and Reform Commission, NDRC.
- Two MoUs to enhance e-commerce ties as well as greater cooperation at the China International Import Expo. The MoUs were signed by Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansouri, Minister of Economy, and Zhong Shan, Minister of Commerce.
- Two MoUs for cooperation between the UAE Ministry of Climate Change and Environment and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of China, to enhance cooperation in the agriculture sector, and the building of a wholesale market for agricultural products, livestock and fisheries signed by Dr. Thani Bin Ahmad Al Zeyoudi, Minister of Climate Change and Environment, and Ambassador Ni Jian of China to the UAE.
- Two MoUs between the UAE and China concerning cooperation on the Silk Road Initiative and the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road Initiative. The MoUs were signed by Dr. Sultan Bin Ahmad Sultan Al Jaber, Minister of State and He Lifeng, Chairman of the National Development and Reform Commission, NDRC.
- A strategic cooperation agreement between Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and China National Petroleum Company signed by Dr. Sultan Bin Ahmad Sultan Al Jaber, Minister of State and Chief Executive Officer of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and its Group of Companies and Wang Yilin Chairman at China National Petroleum Corp.
- An agreement between the UAE and China on mutual cooperation and administrative assistance in the customs issues which was signed by the UAE by Commissioner Ali Bin Subaih Al Kaabi, Chairman of the Federal Customs Authority, and, State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
- A framework agreement for cooperation between the Abu Dhabi Global Market and the Chinese-UAE Pilot Zone to create a platform for financial services and innovation on industrial capacity cooperation within the framework of the Belt and Road initiatives. The agreement was signed by Ahmad Ali Al Sayegh, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Global Market, ADGM, and Bin Wang, Chairman of China Jiangsu International.
- A partnership and investment agreement in the world’s largest solar energy project which was signed by Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Dubai Electricity and Water Authority and Wang Yanzhi Executive Director and President of the Silk Road Fund.
READ ALSO: Hyperloop project will team up with China
Also attending the signing ceremonies were Shaikh Surour Bin Mohammad Al Nahyan, Shaikh Hazza Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Chairman of Abu Dhabi Executive Council, Lt. General Shaikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, Shaikh Tahnoun Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, National Security Adviser, Shaikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Shaikh Omar Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Charitable and Humanitarian Foundation, Shaikh Khalid Bin Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the State Security Department, Shaikh Theyab Bin Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Department of Transport, Shaikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Tolerance, Shaikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, Member of the Executive Council, Pilot Staff-Brigadier Shaikh Ahmad Bin Tahnoun Bin Mohammad Al Nahyan, Chairman of the National Service and Reserve Authority, and Shaikh Khalifa Bin Tahnoun Bin Mohammad Al Nahyan, Director of the Martyrs’ Families’ Affairs Office at the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince’s Court.
A number of Shaikhs, ministers, and senior officials, as well as Ali Obaid Al Dhaheri, Ambassador of the UAE to China, and Ambassador Ni Jian of China to the UAE, also attended the signing of the agreements and MoUs.