Trying to bring down your High Blood Pressure. Then add this Upma recipe to your diet.
Green Peas Upma
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 Cup Semolina, roasted
- 1/4 Cup Green peas
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Nos Green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 Cups Hot water
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 sprig Ginger, grated
- To taste Salt
- 2 sprigs Fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp Boiled peas
- 1 sprig Curry leaves (sauteed)
How to Make
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan add mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Add curry leaves and grated ginger, sauté till the raw aroma of ginger disappears.
- Now add finely chopped onion, sauté till translucent, add green chilies, sauté for 02 minutes.
- Now add the lightly roasted semolina, add the green peas, sauté for 02 minutes add the hot water.
- Add the salt to taste. Stir, to prevent lump formation.
- Now cover it and cook on a very slow fame. Cook till all the water is absorbed and semolina and green peas are cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with Chopped Coriander leaves or grated fresh coconut.
- Always dry roast the semolina and keep it in an airtight container, not only to save time but also to prevent worms.
- To save time you can separately boil green peas in 2 cups of water add salt to it, taste for proper salt add more if required and add this water + Green peas + Salt to the prepared sautéed semolina mixture.