Facebook and Instagram have launched a bundle of new features and content programming, to help make virtual Durga Pujo celebrations as entertaining as possible. These include immersive AR filters and stickers to create fun and engaging Stories, Reels, Facebook posts, and programming on specific hashtags like #DurgaPujo2020, #ShubhoMahalaya, #FBDurgaPujo, #IGDurgaPujo.
The newly introduced features include:
- AR effect called ‘Pujaparikrama’ which allows people to virtually experience the Pujo and pandal festive experience.
- AR effect called ‘Durga Pujo’ where you can switch between Ma Durga and an Asuram, with a casual tilt of your head; to express your moods/ personas or indulge in some fun reels & stories.
- Durga Pujo GIFs – For the first time, Facebook and Instagram have launched Durga Pujo GIFs which are easily searchable with the word ‘Pujo’, to make your Instagram Stories and Reels fun. These are designed to capture the spirit of the pujo from key days such as Saptami, Ashtami to key festive moments like Dhanuchi Naach’ & ‘Sindur Khela’
The new content programming includes:
- Reely Phataphati Pujo – Pujo specific content on Instagram’s new short form video feature, Reels, will be available on the following hashtags – #AmarPujoReel, #DurgaPujoReel, #FeelKaroReelKaro, #FeelItReelIt, #FeelKorboReelKorbo, #ReelyPhataphatiPujo, #PujoDekhechiReelKorechi, #PujoFeelershaateyReel, #PujoReelChallenge, #DurgaPujo2020, #ShubhoMahalaya, #FBDurgaPujo and #IGDurgaPujo.
- 35 of West Bengal’s top public figures and creators will take an active part in this year’s celebrations and showcase their Pujo celebrations through FB Lives, posts, IG Stories, and much more.
- Facebook Live’s – People will be able to watch Pujo rituals and participate in the festivities from home through various Facebook Live’s by Pujo Pandals across the country.