DH Latest NewsDH NEWSdeathLatest NewsIndiaNEWS

Tripura man drinks acid mistaking it for alcohol, dies


Khowai: A 55-year-old man died after consuming acid, mistaking it for alcohol at Lankapura ADC village under Tripura’s Khowai district in Tripura on Friday. The victim, Kartik Mohan Debbarma, under the influence of alcohol drank a bottle full of acid and died on the spot, the police officials said.

Also read: India Meteorological Department predicts rainfall on February 8 and 9

ANI reported, quoting sources that Debbarma was a habitual drunkard and on the night of the incident, he was in an inebriated condition. ‘He got excessively drunk at a local country liquor shop. He returned home and slept. At midnight, he woke up to drink more, but mistakenly picked up the wrong bottle full of acid kept for rubber processing’, the sources said. ‘Soon after, he fell unconscious. His family members took him to a local hospital but doctors declared him brought dead’, they added.


Post Your Comments

Back to top button