Skin aging is undoubtedly an issue of serious concern. We have a solution to partially help us through anti-aging but it is a long one and involves a lot of steps so only those who really wish to slow down the skin aging process are the only ones who will be able to triumph.
Here are some tips which will help you to slow down skin-aging process:
- Use Sunscreen regularly– In order to get rid of the harmful UV rays of the sun, cover your skin by clothes or use umbrellas and definitely use sun screen (SPF 30 or above). Use it every day, even on cloudy days.
- Stay away from tanning– You might like the rusty look but sun ages your skin. No matter how you get a tan, it will age your skin.
- Stop with the bad habits– Although this is going to be in relation to your skin, but smoking and drinking are anyways habits (or addiction whatever is your case) that needs to be avoided. When you blow out air during smoking, it ages the area around your mouth and otherwise also, it ages your body.
- Don’t force yourself to react or don’t over-react– We mean this in a sense of facial expression. Forcing a grin and all might be important sometimes but don’t overdo the stretching on the face. Laughing does not give you wrinkles but over-doing facial expression does.
- Control your diet– For starters, don’t over eat. This also causes aging. The moment you feel your stomach is full; stop there. And eat again when you get hungry. Eat food which is good for your skin like anchovies, vegetables, fruits rich in vitamin c and foods rich in omega 3.
- Wear less make-up– What really looks beautiful is a neat and clean face.
- Skin care routine- First use an oil based cleaner to get rid of make-up and stuff, then a mild cleaner to clean out the pores, then exfoliate gently, apply toner, moisturize heavily and use different specialized ones for your under-eye area. There are many skin care routines which you can find on the net.
- Surgeries- You can get them done if you really want to but, surgeries can have side effects and so it is better to go with ‘change in lifestyle’ method than ‘cut up your face or get injections’ methods.
- Sleep- Sleep on your back and sleep for at least 8 hours. Over-sleeping is bad too but not getting enough sleep destroys a lot of functions in your body; from your immune system to your skin, everything gets disturbed.
You need to have a healthy and strict lifestyle in order to keep yourself looking young and beautiful. You also need to know your skin type first, know its weaknesses and strengths and work on them accordingly.