Latest NewsIndiaNEWSSports

Another Record for Rohit Sharma, Massive total for India in T20

Another Record for Rohit Sharma, a Massive total for India in T20.

Stand-in India skipper Rohit Sharma is unstoppable in scoring. He yet again entered the record books after notching up his second T20I century against Sri Lanka on Friday. Rohit became the joint-fastest centurion equalling South African batsman David Miller’s record.

Both batsmen took 35 balls to reach their respective centuries. Weeks after scoring his third double hundred in ODIs, Rohit continued his dominance with the bat in the limited-overs format. Rohit hit a mind-boggling 11 fours and 8 sixes in the run-up to his century.

Lokesh Rahul also notched up his third T20I half-century in 35 balls with four boundaries and three sixes to his name. The 165 run partnership between Rohit and Rahul is the highest partnership for India and the fourth highest overall in T20Is. Rahul eventually fell to a brilliant catch by Lankan keeper Niroshan Dickwella for 89 runs off 49 balls. He hit five boundaries and eight sixes to reach his score. MS Dhoni scored 28 runs(21 balls) with 2 four and six each.

India finished the innings with their highest T20I score of 260/5 in 20 overs. 

shortlink

Post Your Comments

Back to top button