After that delicious Suji Toast- let’s try our hand on ‘Rock Toast. Check it out.
Rock Toast- Semolina Bread Toast
A quick fix toast that is a good vegetarian breakfast option or even an evening snack.
Prep in: 10 minutes
Cooks in: 8 minutes
Total in: 18 minutes
Makes: 3 Servings
- 1/2 cup Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
- 1/4 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Onion powder finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
- Cooking oil, for cooking the toast
How to make
- To begin making the Rock Toast, in a mixing bowl, combine semolina, yogurt, onion, capsicum, coriander leaves, green chilli, salt and pepper powder.
- Adjust the topping mixture with a little water, making sure you get a spreadable consistency. Set it aside for about 5-7 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, heat a griddle on medium flame, spread some oil.
- Take a slice of bread, spread the semolina topping on it with a spoon and place the bread in a way that the topping is facing down on the griddle.
- Cook this on medium-high heat for about three minutes and flip.
- Remove from the tawa and serve hot.
- Serve this Rock Toast along with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.