This is a simple and delicious healthy breakfast recipe that will be a hit with the family. Try it out.
Meetha Daliya With Milk & Fruits- Broken Wheat Porridge
This breakfast bowl is loaded with fruits and is a healthy, handy and delicious breakfast option for weekdays.
Prep in: 5 minutes
Cooks in: 10 minutes
Total in: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup Broken wheat Rava (Dalia/ Godumai Rava) , (I used the smaller grains)
- 2 cups Water
- 350 ml Milk
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- Sugar, to taste or drizzle with honey
- Fresh fruits, as required
- Mixed nuts, as required
READ ALSO: Simple and Unique Bengaluru Masala Dosa
How to make
- To begin making the Meetha Dalia – Broken Wheat Porridge recipe, we have to first dry the broken wheat.
- Add the broken wheat to a pan placed on low heat and roast till it becomes golden brown.
- To the same pan, add water and fennel seeds to it and cook till it softens.
- Next add milk and let the contents come to a boil. Simmer on medium-low flame till milk and broken wheat are well assimilated and start to thicken just a little bit.
- Switch off the heat. Stir in the sugar. Allow the contents to cool or serve warm with fruits of your choice.
- If you intend to have the porridge with fruits, ensure that it is not hot, else, the fruits will release water and turn mushy. (And it might taste bad)
- Serve Meetha Daliya on its own or along with a hot cup of coffee for a weekday breakfast.