This is a versatile Kerala recipe that can be served either for breakfast, a snack or as a dessert for tea parties. Try it out.
Coconut filled Crepes with Berry Sauce
Prep in: 15 minutes
Cooks in: 30 minutes
Total in: 45 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1-1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Whole Egg , beaten
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups Fresh coconut, grated
- 3 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds, powdered
- 1/4 cup Jaggery
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
How to make
- To begin making the Coconut Filled Crepes with Berry Sauce, mix together all purpose flour, eggs, salt, sugar and water and make a thin batter.
- Preheat a crepe pan or a non stick skillet. Pour a ladleful of batter on the skillet and tilt the skillet in a circular motion to spread the crepe batter evenly all around.
- Cook for a few minutes on one side and then flip over. Prepare crepes like this with the remaining batter and keep it aside.
- In the next step, heat ghee in a pan and add coconut, crushed cardamom and jaggery and mix well.
- Cook till the mixture becomes soft and juicy util all the jaggery melts; this will take a few minutes.
- Once the coconut filling mixture is juicy, turn off the heat.
- Spread the cooked crepes on flat surface, place a portion of the filling in the center and fold into a triangle or roll it up.
- Serve the Coconut Filled Crepes warm, along with honey or a berry sauce.