A simple and delicious egg breakfast recipe on a plate of fried potatoes. Try it out.
Egg Chou Chou
Lightly fried potatoes with boiled eggs and crispy caramelized onions finished with yolks on the top.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 boiled eggs, yolks and whites separated
- Salt, to taste
- 1 small potato, peeled, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- A pinch of turmeric
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste (if you wish, you may substitute this with a chutney or sauce of your choice)
How to make
- Finely chop the egg whites.
- Lightly fry the potato dices in a saucepan.
- Remove the potatoes, and add the onions and fry, together with all the chopped ingredients.
- Stir on low heat.
- Blend in the sauce and simmer for three or four minutes.
- Divide it into two and plate each section separately, with the yolks served atop the mixture.