Tired of same old ‘aloo samosa’? Then snack on these delicious Veg Chinese Samosa
Veg Chinese Samosa
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Makes: 12 samosas
For The Dough
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 tbsp ghee
For The Stuffing
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 tbsp french beans, diced in small pieces
- 2 tbsp green spring onions , white diced in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp m.s.g (optional)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup boiled noodles
- oil for deep frying
- tomato sauce
READ ALSO: Ramadan Special Recipe : Malabar Samosa
For the dough
- Combine the maida, salt, ajwain seeds and ghee mix well in a bowl.
- Add a little water and knead to make a tight dough.
- Cover and rest it for 10 minutes.
- Knead again and divide into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
For the stuffing
- Heat oil in a pan add the ginger and garlic and saute for few minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, french beans and spring onions and saute for 5 minute on slow flame.
- Add m. s. g. , soya sauce, chilly vinegar, black pepper powder, salt and sugar mix well.
- Add the noodles and mix it gradually and cook it for a minute. Remove from the flame.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Roll out each portion dough into a thin oval chapati. Cut into half.
- Take one half and apply little water on the straight edge.
- Fold the edge to make a cone such that watered edges are overlapped and sealed.
- Put the stuffing into it and seal it to make a samosa.
- Repeat the step 3 and 4 to make 12 more samosas.
- Heat oil and deep fry the samosas on medium flame till it turn golden brown from all the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.