The lighter version of the traditional oil-laden samosas. Get your Samosa cravings fulfilled without compromising on your health. This healthy, tea-time snack is perfect for your next party.
Ragi Samosa filled with Cucumber, Peas and Cashew nut
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- 220 Gram Ragi Flour
- 120 Ml Water
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- To taste Salt
For the Filling:
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 5 Gram Ginger, chopped
- 1 Nos Green Chillies, chopped
- 20 Gram Cashew nuts
- 20 Gram Raisins
- 2 Nos Cucumber
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 40 Gram Peas (boiled)
- 25 Gram Potatoes (boiled)
- To taste Salt
- Few sprigs Fresh Coriander
- Few sprigs Mint leaves
- 250 Ml Canola Oil
- Tamarind or Mint Chutney
How to Make
- Sift ragi flour in a ceramic bowl, add water and mix well to have the consistency of a pancake batter.
- Cook the batter in the microwave for 30-40 sec. Remove from the microwave and allow it to cool.
- Knead semi-hard dough by adding more ragi flour, ajwain, and salt, then let it rest.
- Heat a pan, sauté cumin until it begins to sizzle. Add ginger, green chilies, cashew nut, and raisins.
- Cook for another 1-2mins. Quickly add chopped cucumbers, turmeric powder, boiled peas, potatoes to the pan.
- Mix everything well and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- Set aside to cool down for later use.
- Divide the dough into small circles and then flatten it to oval or oblong shapes and cut into half.
- Smear water over edges and join them to make a cone. Fill the cone with the mixture and close the edges.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the Samosas until done. Drain them on kitchen paper towel and serve with tamarind or mint chutney.