It is a must try-recipe that can be had any time of the day. Try it out.
Pelakai Teepe Dose
Prep in: 5 minutes
Cooks in: 45 minutes
Total in: 50 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 cup Jackfruit Raw (Kathal), chopped
- 1 cup dosa batter
- 4 tablespoon Fresh coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoon Jaggery, can be adjusted
- 1 pinch Salt
READ ALSO: High protein and tasty Horse Gram Dosa
How to make
- To begin making the Udupi Style Pelakai Teepe Dose Recipe (Halasina Hannina Dosa Recipe) by the dosa batter.
- Next, boil the chopped jackfruit with 1/2 cup water on a kadai over a medium heat.
- Leave it on the heat, for about 20 minutes till the jackfruit become soft. Then switch off the heat. Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Dissolve the jaggery with 1/4 cup water and keep it on a low heat for few minutes till all the jaggery melts.
- Once the batter has rested you can add the jackfruit puree, dissolved jaggery water, coconut, salt and mix well. Make sure the batter does not become runny.
- Preheat a griddle or nonstick tawa on a medium heat. Take 1 ladle of batter and pour it on the griddle. Slightly spread it around in concentric circles like you would make a dosa, but ensure that you’re making a thick pancake.
- Next, drizzle a little oil or ghee to allow it to cook well. Cover the dosa with a lid and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the base is cooked.
- Flip the dosa when the base is cooked to cook the reverse side as well. Then remove from griddle and serve immediately
- Soak the rice if you are using the broken rice instead of the dosa mix powder 2 hours in advance
- If you are using the broken rice, after it has soaked, you can grind all the ingredients together at one go and make a batter.
- Serve the Udupi Style Pelakai Teepe Dose Recipe topped with some jackfruit and your preferred morning beverage.