People eat their French Toast in various ways. Personally, I like it crispy, with the right amount of crunchy sound spread with a thick spread of Nutella. Yummm!!!
But have you tried Masala French Toast?
Masala French Toast
Prep in: 10 minutes
Cooks in: 30 minutes
Total in: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 Whole Wheat Bread, slices
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Ingredients for the masala topping
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 2 sprig Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
How to make
- To prepare the Masala French Toast, first make the topping by chopping the onion, tomato, and green chili. Keep it aside in a bowl.
- Next cut each slice of bread diagonally into two triangles and keep aside.
- In a deep and wide bowl whisk the eggs along with milk, salt, red chili powder and black pepper for few minutes or till combined well.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Dip one triangle of bread in the egg mixture until its evenly coated. Using a slotted spoon transfer the egg-coated bread slice to the preheated skillet. Cook until evenly browned on both the sides, by flipping over alternatively.
- Once well toasted, transfer the French Toast to a wire rack. Cook the remaining bread slices the similar way.
- Once all the toast is cooked, arrange them in a serving platter. Place an equal amount of onion mixture on each french toast.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and finally sprinkle chaat masala on the top.
- Serve Masala French Toast warm, along with green chutney and a cup of tea/coffee for breakfast or evening snack.