Latest NewsIndiaNEWS

32-year-old Man Electrocuted to Death as Mobile Explodes

A man in Andhra Pradesh was electrocuted to death on Tuesday after he answered his mobile phone, which had been kept on charge.

A man in Andhra Pradesh was electrocuted to death on Tuesday after he answered his mobile phone, which had been kept on charge.

Mastan Reddy, a resident of Vagupally village in Andhra Pradesh’s Prakasam district, was talking on his mobile phone when the device exploded. The mobile phone was connected to power for charging when the explosion took place. Reddy died of electrocution on the spot.

“They noticed Mastan Reddy lying on the ground with his mobile phone in his left hand. He was taken to a hospital, where he was declared brought dead due to electrocution. Mastan Reddy lived alone on a monthly pension of Rs 1,000 from the government under the disabled category. Both his parents died a few years ago,” Kanigiri sub-inspector U Srinivasulu told the Times of India.

Also Read: Three Labourers Electrocuted to Death from Overhead Electricity Wire

The police said that Mastan was not using a smartphone and suspect that the cell phone battery may have exploded due to overheating. A case was registered under Section 174 of the CrPC and investigation was underway. The body was also sent for an autopsy.

Tags

Related Articles

Post Your Comments


Back to top button
Close