Oats Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Recipe is a crispy crunchy oats trail mix, flavored with peanut butter along with the added goodness of dark chocolate. Great to be served for breakfast or just as a snack by itself.
Oats Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Trail Mix
Prep in: 5 minutes
Cooks in: 20 minutes
Total in: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup Watermelon seeds
- 1/3 cup Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- 3/4 cup Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Lion Dates Syrup
How to make
- To begin making the Oats Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Recipe, in a baking tray combine the rolled oats, coconut flakes, watermelon seeds and sesame seeds.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the tray from the oven and set aside.
- In a small pan, add the dates syrup along with the peanut butter and cook on low heat until the peanut butter has melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Turn off the flame and pour this mixture over the freshly roasted oats-coconut flakes mix.
- Using a fork, combine the mixture evenly, until the peanut butter-date mixture is evenly mixed.
- Place the tray back in the oven and continue to roast it for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- After about two hours, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Serve Oats Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Recipe along with a bowl of yogurt or milk for breakfast or just eat the trail mix, as is, as an evening snack.