Grilled Rajma Masala Sandwich is a fusion sandwich dish which is filled with spicy Rajma masala. You can serve this during your breakfast or as a tea time snack.
Grilled Rajma Masala Sandwich
Prep in: 10 minutes
Cooks in: 30 minutes
Total in: 40 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
- 6 Whole Wheat Bread Slices
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo), boiled
- 1/2 cup Rajma (Large Kidney Beans), cooked
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- Salt, to taste
- Cooking oil, for cooking
How to make
- To begin making the Grilled Rajma Masala Sandwich Recipe, soak 1/2 cup of rajma overnight and cook the rajma until soft. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and cut the potatoes until small cubes. Keep this aside.
- In a skillet, heat a teaspoon oil, add the ginger, garlic and saute for a few seconds. Add the cooked rajma, cut potatoes, and all the masalas.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients and saute on medium-high heat until you get a good rajma masala filling for the sandwich. There should be very little moisture. Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste.
- Once done turn off the heat and allow the rajma masala to cool. Once cooled, add the thinly sliced onions and optionally green chilies chopped into the masala. This will give a good crunch to the sandwich.
- To prepare the grilled sandwich, place the bread slices on the platform. Spread a spoonful of rajma masala mixture over one slice. Cover with another bread slice and press it down.
- Spread some softened butter on the top slice and place it in a sandwich maker or grill pan with the butter side facing down. Spread butter on the other side and grill the rajma sandwich until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve the Grilled Rajma Masala Sandwich as a wholesome breakfast