Whether it is raw onions or cooked onions, they are loaded with benefits. And you can eat them whenever you want – day or night. The vegetables are an excellent source of vitamins C and B6, folate, iron, and potassium. Onions are also rich in manganese that offers protection against cold and flu.
Onions are rich in sulphur, fibers, potassium, calcium, vitamin B, vitamin C and they are low in fat, cholesterol and sodium.
One small onion contains about 28 calories and 7 grams of carbs. Onions are also rich in vitamins A, B6, B-complex, and C, as well as iron, folate, and potassium. They are excellent sources of sulfuric compounds, flavonoids, phytochemicals, and polyphenols.
- Onions contain flavonoids that act as antioxidants and prevent tumours.
- They are very good for the liver, due to a large amount of sulphur present in them.
- They are a rich source of quercitin and therefore helps lower cholesterol, prevents blood clotting, asthma and chronic bronchitis.
- Onion is considered to be the best source of quercetic that is anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and antiviral and prevents various kinds of cancers.
- Amino acids, methionine and cystine present in onions help detoxify the body from heavy metals.
Also Read: Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Raw Onions