The Assam State Disaster Management Authority today announced night curfew in the entire state from 8 PM to 5 AM till May 1, 2021 in view of the novel coronavirus surge. Movement of people related to essential services, medical staff, patients is exempted from the curfew, as well as those who are going for COV1D-19 vaccination, the order stated. During this time, there shall be a total ban on movements for individuals, the order strictly stated.
Here what’s allowed during the night curfew:
- Officers / officials of Government of India/ Government of Assam, its autonomous/subordinate offices & Public Corporations involved in emergency services such as Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments.
- Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency services. District Administration. Pay & Account Office. Electricity. Water and Sanitation. Public Transport (Air/Railways/Buses) including all incidental services/activities that are essential for smooth functioning of all modes of public transport ( such as handling of cargo, ticketing, air freight station, CFS, ICD etc.), Disaster Management and related services. NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services on production of valid Identity card. The uninterrupted delivery of public services shall be ensured by the concerned departments/agencies.
- All Judicial officers/officials of courts of Assam on production of valid Identity card.
- All private medical personnel such as doctors, nursing staff, paramedical staff etc. and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centres. clinics. pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and other medical & health services)
- Pregnant women and patients for getting medical /health services
- Person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations SBTs allowed to travel on production of valid ticket
- Officers/officials related to functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on production of valid Identity card.
- Electronic and pant Media on production of valid Identity card
- There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement/transportation of essential/non-essential goods. No separate permission / e-pass will be required for such movements
- Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing following essential services/commodities shall be allowed.
- Shops dealing with food groceries, fruits, Vegetables, dairy & milk booths meat & fish. animal fodder, pharmaceuticals. medicines and medical equipment, Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs.
- Telecommunications, Internet services Broadcasting and Cable services IT and IT-enabled services.
- Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce
- Petrol pumps. LPG. CNG petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets. V1 Power generation. transmission and distribution units and services VII. Cold storage and warehousing services
- Private security services
- Manufacturing units of essential commodities
- Production units or services which require a continuous process
Meanwhile, Assam’s COVID-19 tally jumped to 2,40,670 as 3,137 more people tested positive for the virus while 15 new fatalities pushed the coronavirus death toll to 1,215 on Monday, according to the bulletin issued by the National Health Mission.