This is a simple and easy to make Kerala style breakfast. Try it out
This is a quick appam which you can make for any special occasions. It just needs a handful of ingredients and the appam turns out to be so soft.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 1 to 2 mins
Serves: 4 to 6
- Ripe Banana – 4 small ones (around 1 cup of puree)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Water as needed
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda – a pinch
- Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
- Oil or ghee for deep frying
READ ALSO: Traditional Kerala-style vegetable Uttappam
- Take banana in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take all ingredients in a bowl and mix well to a thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying, drop a small spoonful of batter in and fry till golden brown.
- Drain and serve.