HAPPY ONAM TO ALL THE READERS!!!
One thing that most Keralites look forward to at Onam is the Sadhya. Sadhya is a vegetarian feast or banquet. The multi-course meal is served traditionally in banana leaf. And no Sadhya is complete without the crunchy banana chips placed at the side of the leaf
Raw banana (Nentrankaya) – 3 nos
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil for frying
- Peel the banana and immerse the same in turmeric water for 10-15 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
2. Directly slice the raw banana in hot oil.
3. When it is half cooked, add 1 tsp salt water.
4. When the bubbling sound stops, remove from the oil and put in a paper napkin to remove excess oil.
5. Cool and keep it in an airtight container.