Vegan Guilt-Free Chocolate Espresso Mousse Recipe is one of the easiest desserts you can make. Whip it up in just about 5 minutes and allow it to set, wow your family or guests at a dinner party. What’s more? It’s vegan and relatively guilt-free.
Vegan Guilt-Free Chocolate Espresso Mousse
Prep in: 20 minutes
Cooks in: 40 minutes
Total in: 60 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Avocados
- 200 grams Dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 4 tablespoons Instant Coffee Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
Ingredients for Vegan Whipped Cream
- 200 ml Coconut milk, (refrigerated for 6 to 8 hours)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Icing Sugar
Ingredients for Garnish (anyone)
- Chocolate Shavings
- Decorative sugar (Cake/ Candy Sprinkles)
How to make
- To begin making this Vegan Guilt-Free Chocolate Espresso Mousse Recipe, first, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place all the dark chocolate in the bowl and microwave it at 20 seconds intervals until it has just melted.
- Take care not to overheat the chocolate. Once melted, remove it from the microwave and give it a quick mix. Set it aside in the bowl to cool down a bit.
- While the chocolate is melting, make a coffee decoction as below or prepare the espresso in a coffee machine using fresh coffee beans.
- To make the decoction add 1/4 cup warm water to 4 tablespoons of instant coffee powder and stir well to make a coffee decoction.
- When ready, and the chocolate has cooled, add coffee decoction to melted chocolate and mix it well.
- Next add the ripe bananas, ripe avocados, melted chocolate with coffee, cocoa powder and sugar into a blender and blitz into a smooth paste. Do not add any water at this stage as we want the mixture to be thick. This will help it set like mousse.
- Transfer the fruit and chocolate espresso mixture for the mousse into 6 individual serving cups or a large serving bowl and chill it in the refrigerator, until it is set (about 8 hours). Pouring it into individual bowls will help set it faster, whereas a big serving bowl may take a while longer.
- While the dessert is getting set we will proceed to make the Vegan Coconut Milk Whipped Cream.
- To make the Coconut Whipped Cream, it is important for the coconut milk to be refrigerated for 6 to 8 hours. This refrigeration process helps thicken the coconut milk.
- Remove the excess liquids after refrigeration and use only the solids. Using a cloth mesh strainer will help separate the whey.
- Place the refrigerated coconut milk in a chilled mixing bowl, add the icing sugar and vanilla essence.
- Using an electric beater, whisk until it forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate this coconut cream until you are ready to use it.
- When you are ready to serve, garnish the Vegan Chocolate Espresso Mousse with whipped coconut milk cream and some chocolate shavings.
- Enjoy the guilt-free Vegan Chocolate Espresso Mousse at the end of a Weekend Dinner or Dinner Party.