Here are some benefits of orange juice you never knew:
- Boosts Immunity: Orange juice is packed with vitamin C, which helps boost your immunity and keep you protected from cold, flu and other inflammatory diseases.
- Skin Health: Drinking orange juice daily could do wonders for your skin. Orange juice is oozing with antioxidants, most significantly vitamin C, which plays a crucial role in fighting free radical activity. The free radical activity could make your skin dull and also promote wrinkles and ageing. The abundant quantum of vitamin C present in orange juice could help give you a youthful and radiant skin.
- Weight Loss: Orange juice is incredibly low in calories and has zero fat, which makes it an excellent option if you are looking towards shedding that extra kilo or two. However, nutritionists often advise eating a whole orange over juicing one. Juicing an orange may cost a good amount of weight loss friendly fibres. Consuming a whole orange would help retain fibres, which help make you feel full for a longer time. When you feel full you would naturally binge less.
- Strong Bones: It is a known fact that the calcium content in orange is legendary, which is incredible for your bone health. But, did you also know that orange is also profuse with flavonoids like naringenin and hesperidin, which are anti-inflammatory in nature and can help relieve arthritis pain.
- Kidney Stones: According to the book ‘Healing Foods’ by DK Publishing, oranges have the high concentration of citrate, meaning drinking orange juice can help break down calcium oxalate stone formation and induce relief from the pain occurring due to kidney stones.
- Heart Health: Orange contains hesperidin; as per the book ‘Healing Foods’, hesperidin can reduce symptoms of hypertension. Pectin (fibre) and liminoid compounds found in oranges can slow down the hardening of arteries and can also reduce the bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Kiwi You Never Knew