Masala Mixed Sprouts Sandwich is a healthy sandwich recipe which can be packed for kids tiffin box. It is a healthy option for everyone and helps in weight loss.
Masala Mixed Sprouts Sandwich
Prep in: 10 minutes
Cooks in: 30 minutes
Total in: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 Bread slices, sides cut
- 1/4 cup Green Moong Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Masoor Dal (Whole), sprouted
- 1/4 cup Rajma (Large Kidney Beans), sprouted
- 1/4 cup Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas), sprouted
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Cooking oil
- Salt, to taste
How to make
- To begin making the Masala Mixed Sprouts Sandwich, add the sprouts and 1 cup water to a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Switch off and let the pressure get released.
- Heat a kadai and add oil. When oil gets heated, add onion and saute.
- When onion turns pinkish, add tomato and fry till tomato turns soft and mushy.
- Add garlic and fry till the raw smell of garlic goes away. This will take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, open the pressure cooker and add the boiled sprouts and mix. Add red chilli powder, chaat masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and give it a good mix. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt and switch off the heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Now the filling is ready. So let us assemble the sandwich.
- Take a slice of bread and spread 2 tablespoon of the sprout mixture.
- Top this with one or two onion slices and close it with another slice of bread.
- Either eat the sandwich as it is or grill it if you prefer.
- Assemble the other sandwiches in the same way and serve the masala mixed sprout sandwich hot.
- You can serve Masala Mixed Sprouts Sandwich with some juice of your choice