Banks will not be open for 14 days in January 2021, including 4 Sundays, and 2 Saturdays. This includes national and local holidays.
- January 1-New Year
- January 3-Sunday
- January 9th-Second Saturday
- January 10th-Sunday
- January 17th-Sunday
- January 23-Fourth Saturday
- January 24th- Sunday,
- January 26th-Republic Day
- January 31st-Sunday
Local Holiday (in various states)
- January 2-New Year celebration
- January 14-Makara Sankranti, Pongal
- January 15-Thiruvalluvar Day, Tusu Pooja, Bihu
- January 16 – Uzhavar Thirunal
- January 23 – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s birthday.
- January 25-Emoin Erapta (Manappuri Festival)
January 2 and 16 are the only holidays in Mizoram. Banks will not be open in Ahmedabad, Chennai, Gangtok, and Hyderabad on January 14. Banks in Chennai and Guwahati will be closed till January 15. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s birthday is on January 23 in Agartala. And Imphal on January 25th.