Love coconuts? Then you will love this Coconut French Toast with Chocolate Chips for breakfast. Try it out.
Coconut French Toast with Chocolate Chips
Prep in: 10 minutes
Cooks in: 40 minutes
Total in: 50 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Nutmeg powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Caster Sugar, (reduce sugar quantity if your coconut is sweetened)
- 1 cup Fresh coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 6 Bread slices, (best use French bread)
- Maple syrup, or chocolate syrup, mangoes, strawberries, for serving
How to make
- To begin with the Coconut French Toast with Chocolate Chips Recipe, in bowl whisk eggs, milk and cream well until frothy. Add vanilla extract, nutmeg powder, sugar, and salt whisk again. Cover and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan. Dip the bread slice in the custard mix and remove immediately. Gently press the excess liquid. Coat it with shredded coconut on both sides.
- Cook the slices of bread until golden brown on one side and then turn and cook the other side. Repeat for rest of the slices.
- Coconut French toast with choco chip and any fresh fruit of your choice immediately.
- Serve the Coconut French Toast with Chocolate Chips Recipe for breakfast along with a cup of Hot chocolate goes well.