Asian Style Stuffed Omelette Recipe is a quick whip of a folded omelet which is loaded with Asian flavors. This recipe is perfect for your breakfast or even a light dinner meal before you head to bed.
Asian Style Stuffed Omelette
Prep in: 10 minutes
Cooks in: 20 minutes
Total in: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 2 sprig Spring Onion Greens, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- For the Stuffing
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Baby corn, chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum), sliced
- 1/2 Green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Green Chilli Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chilli vinegar
How to make
- To begin making the Asian Style Stuffed Omelet Recipe, add eggs into a bowl and mix with salt, pepper and spring onions. Give a good whisk till it fluffs up.
- Heat a flat skillet with oil, add ginger and garlic and saute till it softens.
- Add baby corn and cook till it is done, which will take about 20 minutes. Add bell peppers and saute for 10 more minutes.
- Add all the sauces along chili vinegar and stir-fry. Check for Salt and add if needed. Take the stir-fried vegetables out of the pan and keep it aside.
- Heat oil over a medium heat and coat the surface of the pan with a few drops of oil (not required when using a good non-stick pan).
- Pour the egg mixture and spread it well with a ladle.
- Once it starts getting cooked, after about 30 seconds on medium flame, sprinkle the Vegetable stuffing over the egg omlette
- Fold the egg with a spatula from the sides and transfer it to a plate by bringing it to the edge of the pan. You can also cook the omelette on both sides and them go with putting cheese and rice, if you prefer.
- Serve the Asian Style Stuffed Omelette Recipe along with a smoothie or a glass of juice to kick start your day with a good meal.